More regrettable news

It appears that my church does not learn a thing. Not content with appointing me Assistant Rectors Warden in 2007, they have now compounded the mistake by asking me to serve as Senior Rectors Warden.

Near as I can work out, this seems to involve signing pieces of paper vaguely insinuating that it doesn’t matter who broke it, it’s my fault. πŸ˜‰

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Anglican. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to More regrettable news

1. Tregonsee says:

One again, the reward for a job well done is more work. The only solutions I know are to learn that the word “no” is also an answer, or to do such a job that they learn never to repeat that mistake again.

Fortunately for us all, there are people who don’t learn these techniques, else nothing would ever get done. Congratulations!

2. Does your rector have two wardens (Senior and Assistant), or does your church have two rectors (ditto)?

3. Peter says:

Thanks Tregonsee. πŸ™‚ We shall see whether they’ll ever repeat this mistake again at the end of the year…

My Rector has two wardens Scott, we’re greedy like that. πŸ˜‰

4. Wendy says:

Peter,

I think you deserved to be a Warden at you Church and I have no doubt in my mine that you will do a very good Job of it !!!!
    Will you please quit knocking your self down!!!!!

Blessings

Wendy

5. Peter says:

Thanks Wendy. I seem to be afflicted with an English sense of humour.

6. rjperalta says:

Peter,
    I can’t seem to find your e-mail address. Could you send me an e-mail to our yahoo account?

Thanks,
    Richard

7. timbob says:

Hi Peter. I pray that all is going well for you and your household.

Blessings always in Jesus name.

timbob

8. Liz says:

Fortunatley for us, Pete, you are a slow learner! πŸ™‚

9. Peter says:

Hi Timbob – sorry I have not been your way recently, been very busy, will try to get there this week!

Liz – heh πŸ˜‰

10. Diana Cave says:

This is very significant. Do things run in families and will there be a third? Thanks for summarising what the job entails as I have yet to find out!

11. Francois says:

First blog I read after wakeup from sleep today!

—————————-
    Mind Blowing!

12. Scott+ says:

I would appear that you meet one of the most important requirement of the job. You really do not want it.