The grief of the Father

Here is a prophetic word spoken to me last night at General Synod. It has been confirmed by others here in Winnipeg.

Yesterday during the afternoon I felt a deep sense of grief over everything that is happening here in Synod. Later in the evening the feeling returned and I understood it more clearly for what it was. I knew I was experiencing just a tiny fraction of our Fathers deep ocean of grief over a church and a people who are leaving Him, turning away and spurning Him.

It is good that we do not see more than through a glass dimly – more and it would burn us out, for we cannot contain His heart in our current frame. It is mercy to us.

So, I think yesterday – and yes, today too – I caught just a little of that grief of our Fathers heart. Grief it was too, not anger, just the deepest well of pain and heartbreak. (Ephesians 4 17-32 was given to me as warning against anger at this time).

It is like an adulterous wife, bags packed in the front hall, opening the door, setting her face like flint and her heart as stone, just about to walk out into the night, ignoring the pleas of her Husband, the One who loves her dearly.

Church, do you not see it? But no, you do not, you have set your heart on other lovers – and your heart is hard for your Husband.

So, it is a time for weeping and mourning. Gods heart is breaking. Jesus could do no other than what He saw His Father doing, and this is what our Father is doing. We are called to do likewise. Weep with Me, mourn with Me, for the people I love have turned away from me and are leaving.

Friends, this is not a prophecy as to what will happen, we do not know what miracle may yet occur. Rather, it is a prophecy to open to us our Fathers heart at this time, so that we may mourn with Him who mourns.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Anglican, Christian, Prophecy. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The grief of the Father

1. Pauline Bettney says:

Thanks Peter. I feel the grief of the father.

2. Wendy says:

Peter,

I too felt the Lord grief also

God Bless

3. Pingback: Day Four - News 4.2 « CaNN: General Synod 2007

4. faithwalk says:

The heartfelt cry of one who feels the Fathers grief…
    My prayers are with you, and all who stand for truth Peter. yea, and for those who have spurned it for they indeed need our prayers as well.

May the presence of the Lord be near you.

Susan

5. Vickie says:

Peter, I pray that His words you have given us will not fall on deaf ears and that hardened hearts will be free once more to know His love and and praise His name.
    Amen.

6. Diana says:

I sense extreme sadness and loss by your words. O how silly and blind is humanity.
    God bless you.

7. GTB says:

God, in His infinite and changeless goodness, having (as Article 1 so succinstly states) no “body, parts or passions,” is without emotion. indeed, a universe created and sustained by an emotional God is the last nightmare i would ever wish upon my enemies. no doubt these are painful times, but our pain must not be allowed to cloud our vision of God.

8. GTB, I am not a theologian, but the Bible speaks of a God that zealously yearns for relationship with His creation, a yearning that encompasses jealousy, compassion, anger, mercy, and longsuffering, a yearning so deep as to sacrifice His own Son. If that’s not passion, I don’t know what is.

9. white rabbit says:

Be of good cheer Peter. Remember Luke 21:25-28 which promises bad times before our Saviour returns with power and great glory.

I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride
    But something touched me deep inside,
    The day the music died.

10. Peter says:

Thank you all – I shall comment more when I’ve got time later in the week!

11. padraic says:

Excellent post Peter,
    My heart has been in Hosea all week with both the GC in Canada and the US.

12. Pingback: The grief of the Father, reprise « The Age To Come